19.8.07

All Across the Universe

Location: Somewhere Outside of Littlerock

1600 Miles away from ABQ and back. I'm traveling with Tim and a Nissan Altima full of my stuff. Why do I have so much stuff? Does anybody want some STUFF?

On the way out to Montgomery, Tim and I were fortunate enough to stay with my Uncle and Aunt in Plano. THANKS! It was a blast seeing my cousins before my mother's wedding. I can't wait to see them all again. So far Tim and I have had fun scanning the radio stations to see what's interesting to people in the region. Most people like radio stations that drop the "J-bomb". You know... like the son of god. Our favorite city so far is: Demopolis. Which has a sign outside reading: City of the People. Maybe it's just our nerdy knowledge of Greek that makes it so hilarious, maybe it's that fact that we've been on the road for about 3 days straight and we're delirious. Either way, Demopolis is hilarious. Last night we packed up the car and got the hell out of Alabama. (Excuse the language, but it's for a set up.) Speaking of hell, as we left Montgomery, Tim and I saw my favorite bill board. In big red letters it reads: Go to CHURCH or the DEVIL will get you. Man I'm gonna miss that place...



Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Go to CHURCH or the DEVIL will get you"??? Hmmmmm. . . . As someone who has done parish ministry for more than a few years now, I can unequivocally state that my dealings with some congregants absolutely prove that the devil (and some of his minions) do attend church regularly!
;-)
Looking forward to seeing you very soon at your Mom's wedding!
Louis